• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

LRS Reef Frenzy

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

reeffirstaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven't tried this yet, be sure to check it out. I just got an order in on Friday, and started feeding it this weekend. All of my fish went crazy, including some delicate feeders, like my Golden Centropyge angelfish. A great product, and the crisp fresh scent when you open the bag says it all.

Check it out! Reef Frenzy, Best Reef Food - Larry's Reef Services, Llc - Advance, Nc

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the feedback! I am glad that your finicky eaters have taken to the food, just as many others have found out.

We have been informed that Aqua Nerd is going to post a review of our blends in their blog this week, so we are excited!

Thanks again for posting.

Larry

ReeferBen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reef frenzy and fish frenzy in my fridge.

It was a first time for me on both. I alos feed PE mysis, Hakari mysis, and san fran gut loaded brine.

I found the packaging on the reef frenzy and fish frenzy to tear down the side when I am breaking chunks off so put it in zip locks.

I also found when I defrost the mixture, for me that is usually a 1" square of fish frenzy, 2 cubes of PE mysis, 2 cubes of hakari mysis, and 1 cube of brine, the fish frenzy doesnt break up in my container. I put all the above in a little rubbermaid with water defrost and dump the juice, mix with some tank water and feed over a few days. The fish frenzy I usually end up breaking up in my fingers before I start dumping it in so it doesnt fall in one clump. The benifit of that for me is some days I will put a 1" or so square of fish or reef frenzy in a algae clip and let it the fish just pick at it.

Fish love it, all of them that I have kept find something to eat in there.

brentsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too just tried this food for the first time, and love it. All my fish went crazy and it really does feed everything, i love that the coral foods are included. I had to drive an hour away and don't regret it for one second!

I give this food an A++ haha

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have reef frenzy and fish frenzy in my fridge.

It was a first time for me on both. I alos feed PE mysis, Hakari mysis, and san fran gut loaded brine.

I found the packaging on the reef frenzy and fish frenzy to tear down the side when I am breaking chunks off so put it in zip locks.

I also found when I defrost the mixture, for me that is usually a 1" square of fish frenzy, 2 cubes of PE mysis, 2 cubes of hakari mysis, and 1 cube of brine, the fish frenzy doesnt break up in my container. I put all the above in a little rubbermaid with water defrost and dump the juice, mix with some tank water and feed over a few days. The fish frenzy I usually end up breaking up in my fingers before I start dumping it in so it doesnt fall in one clump. The benifit of that for me is some days I will put a 1" or so square of fish or reef frenzy in a algae clip and let it the fish just pick at it.

Fish love it, all of them that I have kept find something to eat in there.

Ben, I see you live in Paoli. My wife and I grew up in West Chester for 20 years. I attended WCU and even worked for the Chester County Sheriff's Dept as a deputy. Sorry about the bag tearing, it happens due to the cold. We recommend everyone place the bag in a ziplock baggie or tupperwear container. I am glad you noticed how little water is in our foods. When you take a chunk of our foods out and let it thaw you will see very little water run off.

The beauty of our blends is that if you thaw it out you can agitate it very little for larger fish, or agitate it in a cup with water and break it up for smaller fish and spot feeding corals. We never use any binders or gelatins in our foods and the freeze/thaw usually permits folks to tailer the food to their liking because it does stick together naturally.

I too just tried this food for the first time, and love it. All my fish went crazy and it really does feed everything, i love that the coral foods are included. I had to drive an hour away and don't regret it for one second!

I give this food an A++ haha

Thanks for the kudos! We really strive to produce the best all around reef food on the market and we have some things in the works to make it even better!

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook at Facebook/Larrysreefservices for updates..... Like when we announce the blog about the tank installed in a Shower I visited this weekend in Cincinnati, OH which feeds only our foods.

6677684F-7F51-49A8-93C0-CC941CE6EEF8_zpseqktxnpf.jpg

1176CEB0-BAE0-4D73-A3DF-F34D0B48653C_zps9ckdbyld.jpg

Photos courtesy of www.Aquariumartisans.com

Last edited:

ReeferBen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben, I see you live in Paoli. My wife and I grew up in West Chester for 20 years.

Wow, small world. :usa2:

I am glad you noticed how little water is in our foods.

Yes, the LRS foods have very little run off as it thaws, but the other frozen foods I use let off a ton of juice I don't want in my tank. Since I often thaw them all together I have to drain off the P04 laden liquid coming off the mysis and brine.

That shower tank is crazy! People think of the craziest tanks!

Genesis Corals

Genesis 1:21
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ben, I see you live in Paoli. My wife and I grew up in West Chester for 20 years. I attended WCU and even worked for the Chester County Sheriff's Dept as a deputy. Sorry about the bag tearing, it happens due to the cold. We recommend everyone place the bag in a ziplock baggie or tupperwear container. I am glad you noticed how little water is in our foods. When you take a chunk of our foods out and let it thaw you will see very little water run off.

The beauty of our blends is that if you thaw it out you can agitate it very little for larger fish, or agitate it in a cup with water and break it up for smaller fish and spot feeding corals. We never use any binders or gelatins in our foods and the freeze/thaw usually permits folks to tailer the food to their liking because it does stick together naturally.

Thanks for the kudos! We really strive to produce the best all around reef food on the market and we have some things in the works to make it even better!

Don't forget to follow us on Facebook at Facebook/Larrysreefservices for updates..... Like when we announce the blog about the tank installed in a Shower I visited this weekend in Cincinnati, OH which feeds only our foods.

6677684F-7F51-49A8-93C0-CC941CE6EEF8_zpseqktxnpf.jpg

1176CEB0-BAE0-4D73-A3DF-F34D0B48653C_zps9ckdbyld.jpg

Photos courtesy of www.Aquariumartisans.com

I would be a prune if I had that shower. I also have been feeding my fish LRS frozen for over a month now and they are fat and healthy. I actually feed less now with LRS then I did before as it seems to have more substance then the other frozen foods I was feeding.

OP
OP
reeffirstaid

reeffirstaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What really surprised me was how aggressively my Golden Angelfish took Reef Frenzy. He normally stays hidden, waiting till feeding dies down, then grabs a few stray chunks. He actually swam out, into the feeding group, to get some reef frenzy. I want to get a video of it at some point, as these fish are notoriously hard to get eating.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our foods are rapidly gaining a following with keepers of exotic fish, such as angels. Karen Brittain in Hawaii has acquired our food for experimentation with her breeding program documented in her blog at: from fish eggs to fry

She noted at one point our foods "Generated the strongest feeding response to date of any non-live food offered." Pretty strong words right there.....

My buddy Ted has a 112+ page thread on another forum where he has been documenting his use of LRS for over a year and he has the most expensive fish I have ever seen owned by a "hobbyist." He gets asked frequently what he feeds and he tells everyone online and Facebook he feeds "LRS."

ScreenShot2013-09-03at80825AM_zpse34fa52b.png

ScreenShot2013-09-03at80804AM_zpsc7ac91e1.png

ScreenShot2013-09-03at80724AM_zpsb3eee49a.png

ScreenShot2013-09-03at80716AM_zps68facbf0.png

Last but not least R2R sponsor "Living Reef Orlando" also has recognized LRS as a top notch food and stocks it for sale, as well as feeding it to their stock.

ScreenShot2014-01-12at81008AM_zpsa98a53e4.png

Thanks for the praise everyone!

Larry

Last edited:

SloppyJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a bag of this the other day. I love it. I chopped it into little pieces on my cutting board and then put it into a ziplock. Now I just open the freezer, grab a small chunk and put it in a cup with tank water. I use a plastic fork to whisk it and break it up. My fish go crazy and I've been feeding more often with less side effects of phosphates or nitrates. This is good stuff.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up a bag of this the other day. I love it. I chopped it into little pieces on my cutting board and then put it into a ziplock. Now I just open the freezer, grab a small chunk and put it in a cup with tank water. I use a plastic fork to whisk it and break it up. My fish go crazy and I've been feeding more often with less side effects of phosphates or nitrates. This is good stuff.

Thanks J!

That is exactly what many of our customers and also service techs due for their clients. One BIG difference with our foods that permits you to chop it so easily while frozen is the lack of water in the blend. It cuts like slicing through a slightly frozen banana. If there was excess water in blend, it would turn to ice and make that chopping task difficult.

Our blends are strained and pressed of excess water so they are thick and chunky like oatmeal, not soupy.

Thanks for using our foods!

398E0003-8CC4-45D8-9E74-E94B46C2E0C0_zpsr0limhkp.jpg

OP
OP
reeffirstaid

reeffirstaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would be willing to second the comment on "the strongest feeding response of a non-live food." Again, I was surprised with how well finicky eaters accept it. Earlier today I watched my mandarinfish grab a spare chunk off the bottom.

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could sample this, but nobody local has it!

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently drove 1 1/2 hours, one way (that is the closest!) to visit a shop that carries LRS. My fish are glad that I did! I will definitely be a repeat customer.

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently drove 1 1/2 hours, one way (that is the closest!) to visit a shop that carries LRS. My fish are glad that I did! I will definitely be a repeat customer.

Now that is dedication, not to sound naive or questioning the product but what makes it different than Rods?

I'd love to try it but there's not even a place that close to me lol

mnat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just switched from Rods over to LRS. I have been using Rod's for years and was very happy with it but I noticed some of the newer packages had big almost whole pieces of shrimp in there which was getting annoying. My buddy up here was doing a buy so I jumped in on it and have gone through a whole flat of Herbivore, now I am working on the reef frenzy. I have a lot of smaller fish so I do have to put some effort into breaking it up, but it was a seamless switch and my fish really like it. I am going to stick with it now, a lot of my local stores are now carrying it which makes it easier.

twistedfinn967

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that is dedication, not to sound naive or questioning the product but what makes it different than Rods?

I'd love to try it but there's not even a place that close to me lol
Rod's is very messy compared to LRS. LRS has less liquid which in turn means more solids, meaning more for your money and fishes!

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe that you are far enough away to order directly from Larry. Email him and ask. You will have to by like 5 packs at a time or something like that.

k2parkstar

Z&P Snob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LRS is awesome! I've been using it for awhile now and my fish and coral love it. I met him yesterday and the MTRC swap and he's a great guy too. Do as I did and push your local stores to carry his food. My LFS sold out of their first order and is ordering more. So they are happy with their sales.

Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez so many awesome responses, I'll see what I can do about my lfs. Thanks for everyone's input!

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back