Lt Nos's 29, first tank at 1 year this month.

Lt Nos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to the site as of today and I thought I'd show off the hard work and offer myself up to the IMHO's out there. Thanks ahead for the look :smile:

DSC02236.jpg

DSC02239.jpg

DSC02230.jpg

DSC02231.jpg

DSC02242.jpg

DSC02247.jpg

DSC02234.jpg

DSC02228.jpg

OP
OP
Lt Nos

Lt Nos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one thing I see right away is that I wish I had a better light blend, less 10k and more blue/violet. Hopefully I'll be able to find a decent LED that can pull this off one day.

PS the ORA Green Leather was having a shed this day:cry:, one of my fav's though and he's growing like crazy.

Last edited:

SlackTide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great stuff! any special work required with feeding the beast as far as waste goes?

OP
OP
Lt Nos

Lt Nos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great stuff! any special work required with feeding the beast as far as waste goes?

Feeding is as per WWM and a few other sources, I stay away from silversides based in the fact that I don't want him to develop a taste for fish too early. He is amazing to watch IMO but there are some drawbacks, he eats inverts, he knocks stuff down, and he produces a lot of waste. To make up for it I wet skim and change phosguard and carbon 2x a month. But with him in the tank I've had great success with well secured LPS and soft coral. SPS is not in this tanks future aside from the poco that u see which does great for some reason. Hrs much like a dog and at this point I can't really see what it would be like without him, so I'm building a 40b with him and LPS and soft and I'll use the 29 as a growout tank with an in tank fug. Excited to start the second tank but I have a lot of purchases to go before it's ready.

SlackTide

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats what I wondered, they are big messy eaters and dog like Ive heard before lol, good luck with the B

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking setup you've got here. I'm curious if it's any harder to acquire supplies, coral or fish up there in Alaska? I'd imagine a little more expensive for shipping?

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going on three and half years for this tank. Pic's tonight for some progression comparisons!

looking forward to seeing them! :bigsmile:

OP
OP
Lt Nos

Lt Nos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367282377.400456.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367282389.863957.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367282406.197340.jpg

Finally put together the varsity project after 3.5 years, sorry I didn't upload the tank before tear down but shoulder injury made it look pretty sad due to lack of maintenance. I've wanted to do this for so long it's great to see together. Now with the big pants on I have some work to do filling it with the proper inhabitants and organizing the structure.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367282607.980824.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looks good! I can change it. Just let me know what you want it to be. :)

OP
OP
Lt Nos

Lt Nos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rev thank you and others all for the love! I'll post again after I get the landscaping right. It will get a lot better!

New title, open to your tweeks "Alaskan 40 Breeder mixed reef going on four years!" Working title :p

OP
OP
Lt Nos

Lt Nos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title change? Plus got a question for folks, I have a little bit of brown stringy alga, or it may be diatom with lots of bubbles coming off them. It's not bad but has me concerned. I have the MP10 at full power nutrient transport mode, 30 gal sump with SWC 120 skimmer. 80 lbs LR. Cheato ball., 77 degrees. I had a reactor with GFO on but but pulled it due to pump failure. Thinking I need to put it back on. I thought after three an a half years the nutrient load would be much reduced in the new setup. But it appears that problems will always occur occasionally.

No test results, I haven't done one in years other than gravity.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Back