LTA ok touching Sebae?

Charles4400

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2017
Messages
527
Reaction score
548
Location
Los Angeles, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At my lfs i saw a really nice colored blue tentacled LTA literally right against a blue tip sebae. The lta was much bigger than the sebae but their tentacles were both touching and not sticking to each other in the current.

These 2 nems are not listed in the stickied compatibility chart, but are they compatible?

If they are not compatible, how did they coexist without stinging each other?

I have a blue tipped small sebae and would love to pick up the lta if they really will be fine together.
 
I had an LTA(m.doreensis) and H.crispa(most likely what you have, there are 2 types of sebae, both very different from each other) and I had those 2 together in a tank for 5 and half years w/out issue.

However, at the very beginning they did bump heads so to speak, and I separated them and placed at each end of a 180g and there they stayed luckily.

There can be alleopathy (chem warfare)between nems, but it seems more likely when new or disturbed/bothered, but they can coexist, but I do keep them from touching each other.
 
Thanks, yes looked up H.Crispa and thats defianely what I have.

Ill go back to the lfs and check it out again. The ones I saw were always touching but seemed fine. If they werent fine I assume one would shrink back?

Did your 2 nems show any signs of stress when they first touched before separating them?
 
I think it's mainly when they are disturbed that they may use defense mechanism's, it seems as they just grow bigger and touch a little it's usually not an issue, but it can be, so I do my best to avoid that.
Yes when I first intro'd those two to tank it did appear they were stressed upon touching.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new