LTA tentacles shriveled?

Hoodstream

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2022
Messages
343
Reaction score
314
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a LTA recently and since I got him he’s been really chunky and I noticed some tentacles were shriveled when I bought him but I’m curious is this cause for concern? Should they have come back by now? Is this permanent?

27AEA6C2-9A76-41EC-A5F6-89C4F8D4F0D2.jpeg 04A9C296-76A4-4FF9-85F4-3B5233FA667D.jpeg
 
They may shrink due to insufficient lighting. These corals utilize light for their cells and production of building blocks for energy known as zooxanthellae and needs adequate light to accomplish this
High water flow would be another cause
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 22.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new