Lubbock’s Fairy Wrasse Won’t Leave The Rocks

Jreeves1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have a 30 Gallon Tank, with 2.5 inch sand bed and many stacked rocks. 4 Turbo snails, 3 sand snails, 1 yellow watchman goby, 1 clown fish, 1 cardinal, 1 bullet goby, 1 skunk shrimp, 1 porcelain crab, and 1 emerald crab. Everyone’s been doing very well, very happy, no water problems at all I test every 3 days, do all the maintenance to make sure things stay good and constant. I decided I wanted 1 last fish for the tank, something very pretty and also relatively small as this tank isn’t huge. Decided to pick up a Lubbock’s Fairy Wrasse. The first day it was pretty stressed, and immediately hid in the rocks and stayed there all night. The next morning it came out for Mysis shrimp feeding, and ate. Same day it tried venturing out a few times, for shrimp but was still very shy and didn’t stay out long. Next morning it came out for shrimp and swam around a little but then bullet goby got a little “dash” with him. No hitting or anything but he kinda’ jerked towards the wrasse and the wrasse highly disliked that motion and hid instantly. This process happened a couple more times. The next 4 days, the little wrasse just stays in the rocks. It moves from one end of the rocks to the other sometimes, but it literally stays in the rocks for feedings, it doesn’t come out, it doesn’t swim around, it doesn’t venture out a little, it just stays in their. At night it makes it’s mucus cocoons. Anyone know what’s up? Is the bullet goby making it that uncomfortable? Is it going to warm up or has it decided it’s done? Should I remove it?

Frtdrmrose7

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you’ll end up removing one or the other. Fairy Wrasses won’t do well with that kind of pressure.

BJ40oz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did your wrasse ever get comfortable? I just bought one and its been acting like yours. I think my clown might be bothering it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back