Lugols dosing. How much drops per gallon?

secretreefer

**MAD PHANTOM SCIENTIST**
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
3,618
Reaction score
16
Location
Pitcairn Island
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question. i have a slew of sps and want to keep the blues or improve them. i've been dosing 7 drops every day in a 130-140 gallon water vol system. been noticing my blues better but i know it can get more better. anyone know the dosage per gallon?
 
I thought that the potassium was for the blues........Lugols is some strong stuff. I dose 5 drops/day in my 250 gal system....
 
I dose a drop a day in my 100gal my friend does 2 drops a day in his 750gal... I would back off before you have a algae explosion bro....:(
 
darn, no wonder my algae has been getting up there! ok so 2 drops should be good. thanks for the quick answer. how's the mini chalice palace doing?
 
It's on hold for a while. I'm in Germany for a month or two more. I may cut back on the Lugols myself since Troy said that.
 
mines is too. due to funds....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new