OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High up in the tank under LEDs. Unknown PAR. Maybe in time it will develop similar color.

Got it. That doesn't surprise me at all as SPS do crazy things under different light types. Just look at the PC Rainbow. If you have a pic i'd like to see your ultraviolet.

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a spath under blue led I've been growing for a few months. It doesn't look great under daylight but nice under led.

[/URL]

McMullen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1035.JPG

Not a great pic. But my Ultraviolet.

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1035.JPG

Not a great pic. But my Ultraviolet.

You know at one point in time my ultraviolet was quite a bit darker than now. Not as dark as yours though! Looks nice, should be pretty unique when it grows up. Thanks for the pic.

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I have a few nice euph's iv had for a couple yrs in one corner. That's my favourite, its pinkish orange under daylight and wild under blue led.

No clue on that sps, it's just a cheap $10 piece I got as a nub off eBay two yrs ago, same with the last pic. The one your referring to gets more and more colors as it grows. It's a really fast grower with multicolor tips, I like it.

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my latest work in progress piece. I have had this guy for a year and a half. When i first received it the mari was a double milli, half dull red and half dull green. It colored up somewhat but the two milli's started battling once they grew to much, then the yellow started to rtn, had to cut it off and after that, a couple mths later this appeared. I had no clue it was going to look this nice.....I just love nice mari's! I will get a new pic that is clearer but this has turned into a gorgeous piece. The yellow milli still has some crust I will have to chip off. Daylight pic

IMG_1478.jpg

Last edited:

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
very nice tank man.

What do you keep your params at? Alk, Calc, P04 and Nitrates? Do you dose any supplements like amino acids, etc? If you are still using acropower, how often are you dosing and how much? How often and what % of water do you change when you do water changes and what salt?

Looking at the pictures from your post with the first Orange Passion picture to the lastest one, the growth has been INSANE! That thing must grow like a weed.

How far do you have your sunpower off the waterline and what your schedule for lighting? Also can you post an updated FTS, so I can see how far you have the corals away from your sunpower, as I also have a 180 with a 8x80w sunpower.

Sorry for all the questions haha!

Last edited:
OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very nice tank man.

What do you keep your params at? Alk, Calc, P04 and Nitrates? Do you dose any supplements like amino acids, etc? If you are still using acropower, how often are you dosing and how much? How often and what % of water do you change when you do water changes and what salt?

Looking at the pictures from your post with the first Orange Passion picture to the lastest one, the growth has been INSANE! That thing must grow like a weed.

How far do you have your sunpower off the waterline and what your schedule for lighting? Also can you post an updated FTS, so I can see how far you have the corals away from your sunpower, as I also have a 180 with a 8x80w sunpower.

Sorry for all the questions haha!

Thanks Cody, I'll try to get a fts and update this week, lights are off right now. My schedule is dusk/dawn from 11am - 10pm and all on from 1-9pm. 5 giess t5 and 3 blue led tubes. I keep the fixture 10" off the surface and grow sps easily from the bottom.

Acropower didn't seem to do much for me. I dose kz coral boost, 6ml every other day and fws, 9ml per day, and have been doing so for 6mths. I will probably stop here soon as I really think the colours will be just as good without dosing anything. I think the heavy feedings are enough.

Alk I like to be between 7.5-8, calk between 350-400, sg.026 and no clue on anything else. Last time I checked phos was around .04, k at 400, mag at 1200, but it's been months since I checked any of those parameters. Once your tank matures I always let it find it's happy place and roll with that. This way everything stays consistent.

I just use Red Sea salt and do a 35g water change every 4mths or so, I really don't do water changes anymore.

The OP grows like a weed. I just cut a few pieces of it and they will grow back in about 2 mths.

Thanks for checking out my thread.

Luke

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
awesome, thanks for the response. I will look out for the updated FTS.

For removing all the crap, do you run anything besides a skimmer? GFO, cheato, carbon, etc?

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cody, I run a modified aquamaxx em300 and have some chaeto and a few mangrove plants in my sump. I do not run any carbon, gfo...etc. I try to keep it as natural as you can.

I've always been big into no chemical, carbon or gfo. I try to keep things simple as that is what has always worked for me. I do have a dosing pump that doses my alk and calc. Everything else I add is by hand. I test my alk twice a week and calc every other week.

kdino1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by "mari" when you talk about the mili frag a couple posts up? are you referring to maricultured?

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by "mari" when you talk about the mili frag a couple posts up? are you referring to maricultured?

Thats correct, maricultured. Many of my corals are mari's : ) thats where nearly all these named frags come from that sell for rediculous prices.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back