Luke33's Acrylic 180g SPS Adventures

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Awesome man. I can see all the pictures.

Can you update me on what you are dosing now? Everything the same?

Still aiming for the same params?

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is still the same Cody, no change. I might change out the lights to led since I hate ati, have all the led's sitting in the closet.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Everything is still the same Cody, no change. I might change out the lights to led since I hate ati, have all the led's sitting in the closet.

I will be waiting for that update if you do that. How long do you think it would take to see an update? 2 weeks?

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be waiting for that update if you do that. How long do you think it would take to see an update? 2 weeks?

It's tough to say, I went from mh to led back in 09 and had awesome results, but I'm pretty nervous. I'm hoping things go well and I'm going to be using a lot of led's to avoid shadowing and to keep intensity spots out of the equation. But my guess is 2-3 mths to see any results.

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i will try one more time ;)

Hey Cody, sorry man, things are pretty crazy right now! So the exciting news is we are having our first child and I got a promo at work....woohoo! The not so great news is we are more than likely going to be moving a few times as we are going to build a new home which will be baby safe vs where we are now, so its going to be a not so fun year! But the end result will be great. What that means is the tank is going to get shut down for a year or two more than likely, so I have a tank full of sps colonies that I will be selling soon. I'll try and get some updated pics as everything has grown huge in the last 6mths. The RR OP is huge and I have not cut it in a very long time. It has a good 10 branches you could cut right now but I just hate cutting anything.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey Cody, sorry man, things are pretty crazy right now! So the exciting news is we are having our first child and I got a promo at work....woohoo! The not so great news is we are more than likely going to be moving a few times as we are going to build a new home which will be baby safe vs where we are now, so its going to be a not so fun year! But the end result will be great. What that means is the tank is going to get shut down for a year or two more than likely, so I have a tank full of sps colonies that I will be selling soon. I'll try and get some updated pics as everything has grown huge in the last 6mths. The RR OP is huge and I have not cut it in a very long time. It has a good 10 branches you could cut right now but I just hate cutting anything.

Awesome man! Glad to hear everything is going great in life and also the reef. If you ever thing about shipping, hit me up :)

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow ... Congratulations! Happy for you and your soon to be growing family. The arrival of the little one will be your best frag yet.

Thanks Tim, this will be the best growth I've ever had lol. Less than 6mths to go!

Awesome man! Glad to hear everything is going great in life and also the reef. If you ever thing about shipping, hit me up :)

Thanks Cody, I'll let you know on shipping. My Rp ultraviolet is huge! I'll take some much needed pics this weekend. Will pry be the last

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks Tim, this will be the best growth I've ever had lol. Less than 6mths to go!

Thanks Cody, I'll let you know on shipping. My Rp ultraviolet is huge! I'll take some much needed pics this weekend. Will pry be the last

Hope everything is going good. Ever get around to taking pictures or updating on what is going on and when you think you will be selling the corals?

amashun

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice looking tank Luke! how you been buddy? it has been awhile.. you took great photos, love those shots.

OP
OP
luke33

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything new Luke?

I'm sad to say the corals are all gone, a reef store picked them all up. I'll be moving here at the end of the month and by the end of next weekend there will be no water in boxes at the house, very sad time! I'm not sure if it will be six months, two years or never again with a reef tank. It will be odd not having a tank up as I've had reef tanks running for around 15 yrs or so.

Hope your doing well!

gfox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news about the baby and new job.When is the baby due?That is sad news about shutting down the tanks.Maybe in the near future you can start over.Did you sell your equipment also?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back