Luna Reef ECCO-4418 vs Bashsea Pro 48

  • Thread starter Thread starter Josh00498
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Josh00498

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2020
Messages
23
Reaction score
4
Location
Cape Cod
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve ordered my IM 170 EXT tank and stand. I’m debating on what sump to get, I don’t want to build my own and after some research I’m between the Luna Reef-4418 and the Bashsea Pro 48. The Bashsea is 4” longer and around $300 cheaper which is appealing. It seems like it’s more built for you to customize, the Luna Reef seems like it comes with all the things you’d want, probe holders, heater holders, it’s also setup for a roller mat.

I’ve ordered the ReefMat 1200, I plan on using this in the first chamber, followed by a reef octo 200 skimmer, and would like a Refugium. I’m just looking to get people’s opinion. I can’t seem to decide between the two! Any advise is appreciated.

IMG_1309.jpeg
 
I have the Bashsea 48" and use it for exactly what you want to do with it.

Redsea 1200 filter roller, second chamber is my skimmer chamber where I'm using a Reef Octo 150 SSS - but I'd like to upgrade and you can absolutely fit a 200 (SSS or external), or an Aeraqua Duo.

And I use the 3rd chamber as a refugium and the last chamber has two Varios 6 return pumps.

Works great.

I'd like a bigger skimmer chamber so I can use a tunze skimmer, and I'd always like a bigger fuge.

I had no issues with the sump that others often describe (leaking etc.)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new