Lunchbox’s 25g cube

Joseph Monroy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3/25/18
Tank: 25g cheap used cube tank
Equipment: Hydor 150w heater, Seachem Tidal 75 HOB filter, Hudor Korallia Nane 425, Kessil 150 Deep Ocean Blue.
Adding soon: Kessil 360NE, Ice Cap Gyre 1k, reef glass skimmer
Current livestock: Allardi Pair, tailspot and rainford
Future Livestock: A lot of Zoas and a nice encrusting chalice and a plating chalice (suggestions welcome for the plating chalice)

Ron Jenks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture? How do you like the gyre? Does it kick up sand storms...I have been wanting one but they seem pretty expensive and I would like to avoid any more storms as my sand bed has finally calmed down.

OP
OP
Joseph Monroy

Joseph Monroy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7be23e18c9ce005f89eed508f9ebbf3b.jpg

OP
OP
Joseph Monroy

Joseph Monroy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picture? How do you like the gyre? Does it kick up sand storms...I have been wanting one but they seem pretty expensive and I would like to avoid any more storms as my sand bed has finally calmed down.

Haven’t gotten the gyre yet but I’m hoping it doesn’t. For sand I went with Hawaiian Black, the 1k shouldn’t kick it up but I’m getting it in the next week so I’ll keep you posted.

OP
OP
Joseph Monroy

Joseph Monroy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added the 1k Gyre, I’m really happy with it. I have it at 90% gradual pulse and my fish are loving it. I have it set for 8 hrs 70% gradual pulse, 8 hrs 80% gradual pulse and 8 hrs 90% gradual pulse. The first day was a bit cloudy but it kicked up all the dead spots. Now tank is super clean no detritus build up on the rocks or sand.

Ron Jenks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, my Gyre 1k came today...probably won't put it in until the weekend though. I'll definitely have to dial mine back from where yours is at as I have a 15g Flex and went with the carribsea sand which is way finer than I now know I would have liked. I have tons of dead spots so I guess I should prepare for a dookie storm!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back