Luzonichthys whitleyi

Bakki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Luzonichthys Whitleyi?

Best regards
Jorren

Jedi1199

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading a little about it. Appears to be a user friendly fish. Typically small, about 5.5 cm... I didn't see any references to aggression. My guess a small fish like that would be more suited to schooling rather than aggressiveness.

I have no personal experience with it so take what I said with a grain of salt.. for all I know it could be a beautiful little terror in a tank.. lol

Also, when using Latin names, the second part is never capitalized. Just a detail that gets me.. lol

OP
OP
B

Bakki

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading a little about it. Appears to be a user friendly fish. Typically small, about 5.5 cm... I didn't see any references to aggression. My guess a small fish like that would be more suited to schooling rather than aggressiveness.
That’s what I read as well. I prefer smaller fish, hence the interest.

Also, when using Latin names, the second part is never capitalized. Just a detail that gets me.. lol
I didn’t know that, good to know.

LaloJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It must be peaceful but it's probably a fairly nervous fish, based on the little I know about that type of anthias I don't think they are that easy to get.

scchase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept them about 20 years ago, they were really touchy when they first came in and I lost the majority of them, those that made it past the first couple of days seemed alot like Dispars and the like

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 43 22.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 45 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back