Lyretail Anthias, Is she becoming he?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jay_M
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jay_M

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 8, 2016
Messages
117
Reaction score
55
Location
Statesville, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to get some advice here. I bought a female lyretail on Sunday and was planning on following up with a male directly.

The issue is, she has changed from yellow to this, and I'm wondering if she's started to become a he.

Thoughts?

09d843487493d360d4a312049f5e4618.jpg
3021d19bd2e502ce1c2d10186d6e91f8.jpg
 
I was hoping to get some advice here. I bought a female lyretail on Sunday and was planning on following up with a male directly.

The issue is, she has changed from yellow to this, and I'm wondering if she's started to become a he.

Thoughts?

09d843487493d360d4a312049f5e4618.jpg
3021d19bd2e502ce1c2d10186d6e91f8.jpg
She is transitioning into a male. The dorsal pennant is cleatly developing.

Don't add a single anthias to an existing one. Either keep it singly or add a few to it simultaneously.
 
She is transitioning into a male. The dorsal pennant is cleatly developing.

Don't add a single anthias to an existing one. Either keep it singly or add a few to it simultaneously.


Good to know! Thank you. I have a 150 and was on the fence of getting a female or 2 if she was becoming a he. I guess the best approach is to pick up 2 females at this point?

How many is too many in a 150, 5 foot tank.

2 clowns and a tomini tang is all that's dwells amongst them rocks :)

e600fb822020b36b74588df9c3f9666a.jpg
 
Good to know! Thank you. I have a 150 and was on the fence of getting a female or 2 if she was becoming a he. I guess the best approach is to pick up 2 females at this point?

How many is too many in a 150, 5 foot tank.

2 clowns and a tomini tang is all that's dwells amongst them rocks :)

e600fb822020b36b74588df9c3f9666a.jpg
Most anthias do better in a group. 5 would do great in a 150.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new