Lyretail anthias ph - how much does it matter?

  • Thread starter Thread starter alex277
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

alex277

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2022
Messages
67
Reaction score
18
Location
Fort Wayne
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear lyretails are a little more ph specific than most other saltwater fish, I currently have a FOWLR that has a ph of 7.7 and am wanting to get a group of these guys. Is that sufficient for them, will they acclimate? Or will they not be able to do well?
 
I hear lyretails are a little more ph specific than most other saltwater fish, I currently have a FOWLR that has a ph of 7.7 and am wanting to get a group of these guys. Is that sufficient for them, will they acclimate? Or will they not be able to do well?

IMO acclimation process and then consistency of water parameters are going to matter most.

We had Lee of School of Fish do acclimation training for our hobby club - you can skip our local housekeeping at the front and then sit back to get GREAT info:
 
i have a large shoal and if im honest ive no idea what my ph is
How many do you have and what tank size? Are they hardy in your experience or finicky? I’m thinking about getting 6 of them
 
Lyretails are hearty fish. I don't think pH within the normal range matters. I have 3. I have no idea what the pH of my tank is, and most days they are only fed once.
 
How many do you have and what tank size? Are they hardy in your experience or finicky? I’m thinking about getting 6 of them
im about 3000 litres and have about 30
all started as males except 1
now have about 6 males

and they do get fed little and often
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new