Lyretail anthias ph - how much does it matter?

alex277

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear lyretails are a little more ph specific than most other saltwater fish, I currently have a FOWLR that has a ph of 7.7 and am wanting to get a group of these guys. Is that sufficient for them, will they acclimate? Or will they not be able to do well?

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear lyretails are a little more ph specific than most other saltwater fish, I currently have a FOWLR that has a ph of 7.7 and am wanting to get a group of these guys. Is that sufficient for them, will they acclimate? Or will they not be able to do well?

IMO acclimation process and then consistency of water parameters are going to matter most.

We had Lee of School of Fish do acclimation training for our hobby club - you can skip our local housekeeping at the front and then sit back to get GREAT info:

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lyretails are hearty fish. I don't think pH within the normal range matters. I have 3. I have no idea what the pH of my tank is, and most days they are only fed once.

jim_fitz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many do you have and what tank size? Are they hardy in your experience or finicky? I’m thinking about getting 6 of them
im about 3000 litres and have about 30
all started as males except 1
now have about 6 males

and they do get fed little and often

Back