MACNA 2019 vs Hurricane Dorian

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was scheduled to go this would’ve been my first one and it wasn’t the hurricane that stopped me. I was unfortunately admitted to the hospital the weekend before so I had to cancel my trip. Healthwise I’m doing much better but still upset that I didn’t get to go and meet so many of the people I interact with virtually every day.

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went, it was fun, wish I could have stayed longer though.

Lazydayz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went it was my first time and wish I could have gone all 3 days, but only did the first day so I could get ready for the hurricane. If it comes back to Orlando I will definitely be attending!

sharpimage

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was supposed to go saturday. Out of ft lauderdale. Cancelled due to weather and concerns for gas coming home. It would have been my first show.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great video - thanks for sharing! I was at the whole event and MACNA 2019 was a great show. I really appreciated the emphasis on aquaculture from the vendors/booths like Poma Labs, Biota, UF Tropical Aquaculture Lab, Rising Tide Conservation, and several other; the keynote speech at the banquet; the impressive poster presentations from a wide arrange of students; and much, much more. In addition to a few large coral vendors like @WWC and @TopShelfAquatics, the other coral vendors that caught my eye were iFragIt and Deluxe Corals. I agree that the industrial scale ReefBot was impressive and while I am intrigued by the new auto frozen food feeder, the introduction date is still likely to be 18 months away. Personally, I was excited by the potential of the @CoralVue Hydros Control 4 and Hydros Wave Engine which were on display. Of course, the best part of these events was being able to make connections and re-connections within the reef and saltwater community!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.6%
Back