MACNA 2019 will be in Orlando, Florida

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This year’s MACNA in Las Vegas in just over a week away but we’ve just received confirmation on next year’s host city. MACNA 2019 will be in sunny Orlando Florida, a location which had a smashing successful MACNA as recently as 2010. While Orlando may not be quite as indulgent as Las Vegas, it is definitely […]

Continue reading...

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ack why never Chicago or somewhere in the Midwest.
Love Macna but it always requires vacation for me. I miss IMAC and Midwest marine conference.
Midwest gets little love.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disney World this time. I understand about the Midwest But next year Chicago is having RAP and Aquachella though not a MACNA they are fun little events.

Michael Allen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this mean Orlando will not be hosting RAP 2019? ..... Please tell me we get both next year!!!

mostlysticks

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2010 was awesome. I had a great time. We saw the introduction pictures of the then recently discovered wild lightning clowns during the banquet. The gasps from the crowd were loud!

loui

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be a stupid question, but since this is held on disney world grounds does that mean you need to buy a disney world ticket to have access? Never been to Disney world not sure how it works. This event will be perfect for me plane tickets into Orlando are always cheap.

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is zero reason to believe RAP Orlando would be canceled because MACNA is also coming to town. They are opposite times of the year.

eg8r210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May be a stupid question, but since this is held on disney world grounds does that mean you need to buy a disney world ticket to have access? Never been to Disney world not sure how it works. This event will be perfect for me plane tickets into Orlando are always cheap.
You can get to the resorts without having a pass into the parks. Good Lord, you don't want to know the price is costs these days to go to the parks.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MACNA and RAP are
Two different kinds of shows. MACNA is an education and industry event with corals for sale. RAP’s a big frag swap. [emoji3]

wishntoboutside

Snow flake
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MACNA and RAP are
Two different kinds of shows. MACNA is an education and industry event with corals for sale. RAP’s a big frag swap. [emoji3]
Yes that is how it used to be but now both events are very similar. Speakers and fragers at both events. Some events do have a point of difference but I will say if it is one or the other I would go to a Reefapoolza event over MACNA. I think many exhibitors are also feeling this way as well.

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that is how it used to be but now both events are very similar. Speakers and fragers at both events. Some events do have a point of difference but I will say if it is one or the other I would go to a Reefapoolza event over MACNA. I think many exhibitors are also feeling this way as well.

RAP doesn’t have 30 speakers. [emoji3]

Michael Allen

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RAP had educational seminars/speakers as well (not 30 LOL), but i get it they are not the same. Thanks for the info.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 39.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back