Macro algae not growing in fuge

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a pump in the algae section of the sump. You said it has good flow. It does not appear that way in the pic. A ball of chaeto will inhibit flow pretty well and in my experience requires a strong flow to keep healthy.

OP
OP
bigbrother14

bigbrother14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ikno the pic seems like there isn't but the water flows up from the skimmer section in pic it's a still shot but looking at direct there plenty of water flowing thru it I also seem to have red slime on it only on the fuge

OP
OP
bigbrother14

bigbrother14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But I guess I can try to put small power head to add flow but don't really want to since the compartment it already small enough

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slime would suggest a slow flow as well. But you can see it. I cant. Lol i have two tanks draining into my sump and the flow is a constant decent flow. But i still added a maxi jet 1200 for the algae. :)
Ikno the pic seems like there isn't but the water flows up from the skimmer section in pic it's a still shot but looking at direct there plenty of water flowing thru it I also seem to have red slime on it only on the fuge

OP
OP
bigbrother14

bigbrother14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok well the flow is directed upwards that why the macro get pushed up towards the surface il out a pump today an get more algae see what happens

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my old fuge in the sump before i installed the 30. As you can see I can't stop the algae from returning. And mainly in the direct stream of the maxi jet. Bleaching and disapearing does not sound like a flow issue. But stronger flow will defanitly spur growth. :) imo

20160108_115609.jpg

OP
OP
bigbrother14

bigbrother14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious, is it only chaeto your trying?
Yea just all I had the sump is new I used to have a 36 gallon fuge but it's started leaking so hard to replace it with this one i like it but can't seem to grow it like the other one

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sry to hear that :-( gl hopefully something here will help :)

OP
OP
bigbrother14

bigbrother14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys I see u all have stunning Refugiums I hope mine gets there my tank on the other hand if doin very well without macro but just want that bright green beauty to grow!!!!!!!

OP
OP
bigbrother14

bigbrother14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any good kind or great brand of macro I buy mine from my local fish store but they don't have any at the moment this is alil embarrassing to ask but would any one donate a small peace I'm in Illinois don't want to sound desperate or anything

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never shipped anything before for Reef but I would be willing to try.PM me your address and I will send some out as soon as I get a chance. Can't guarantee it will make it but I'll do my best
Is there any good kind or great brand of macro I buy mine from my local fish store but they don't have any at the moment this is alil embarrassing to ask but would any one donate a small peace I'm in Illinois don't want to sound desperate or anything

OP
OP
bigbrother14

bigbrother14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never shipped anything before for Reef but I would be willing to try.PM me your address and I will send some out as soon as I get a chance. Can't guarantee it will make it but I'll do my best
I just did I hope it went thru thanx man

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a nice gesture @Wiz. If it were last week bigbrother14, I would have gladly sent you a bunch of it. Thinned mine out and threw it away. I've tried before to give it away locally without much success...lol.

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was helped with bristle worms by @mdbannister. :) paying it forward. This is why i love reef2reef. :):)
That's a nice gesture @Wiz. If it were last week bigbrother14, I would have gladly sent you a bunch of it. Thinned mine out and threw it away. I've tried before to give it away locally without much success...lol.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back