Macro Coral Photos!

little_sardines

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2015
Messages
150
Reaction score
174
Location
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love taking macro shots of my corals! I mostly have SPS with some softies and LPS mixed into my 120g peninsula reef.

Photos taken with a Nikon D7100 (a couple with a D700) and either a 105mm macro, 40mm macro, or a 50mm.

Acanthaphyllia copy.jpg


Corner_Full_Tank_Shot.JPG


WWC_Block_Widow_Baby.JPG


Gigas.JPG



SCOP2_4k.jpg


ReefKoi_Rando_4k.jpg


RR-PinkFloyd_4k.jpg


DenAq_BlueTenuis_4k.jpg
 
There are some really pretty corals and some very good pictures in there! Thanks for sharing!
 
Really nice shots, and beautiful corals! I shoot a lot of macro shots with my Nikon D610 and 200mm macro. One thing I’d recommend to you is to crank down the aperture to get more depth of field. I shoot some corals at f/29 so the whole thing is in focus:

B200C946-D8DE-4EA4-A477-9125EC6F5663.png


21B94C37-F194-439F-89F9-96B78F8DE1AF.png


2650900F-6281-4CB9-BF42-4634E0A7E3C1.png


C7E214A0-3447-465C-9C0E-7A711EB7A19B.png


F62C8449-45EB-42C9-A594-8FF207385ACE.png
 
Really nice shots, and beautiful corals! I shoot a lot of macro shots with my Nikon D610 and 200mm macro. One thing I’d recommend to you is to crank down the aperture to get more depth of field. I shoot some corals at f/29 so the whole thing is in focus:

B200C946-D8DE-4EA4-A477-9125EC6F5663.png


21B94C37-F194-439F-89F9-96B78F8DE1AF.png


2650900F-6281-4CB9-BF42-4634E0A7E3C1.png


C7E214A0-3447-465C-9C0E-7A711EB7A19B.png


F62C8449-45EB-42C9-A594-8FF207385ACE.png
Nice!! Beautiful shots. I'll definitely give it a try and share the results - thanks for the tip!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new