Macro lens and filter recommendations?

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Panasonic LUMIX G7 Mirrorless camera. It uses micro four thirds lenses. The pictures below are about as close as I can zoom before everything gets out of focus. I’m looking for a good macro lens recommendation. Also, if anyone recommends any ND or polarizing filters if those would be good.

I like taking pictures of my tank, and would love to hear your input :)

DBDA3442-6307-40C5-B2CF-DD3C81EDAF60.jpeg

8F3A0A27-B0EC-428D-ADBA-7FC27C8D6DF4.jpeg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't say regarding that specific camera as I have no experience with it. I have an Olympus EMP-1 and have a dedicated 500mm macro. A ND or polarizing filter will be of no appreciable use. Better to invest in color correcting filters or gels.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't say regarding that specific camera as I have no experience with it. I have an Olympus EMP-1 and have a dedicated 500mm macro. A ND or polarizing filter will be of no appreciable use. Better to invest in color correcting filters or gels.
What mm would you recommend for the focal length? Olympus has 30mm and 60mm macro lenses that work with my camera. Also, is orange the main color filter I’d need?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What mm would you recommend for the focal length? Olympus has 30mm and 60mm macro lenses that work with my camera. Also, is orange the main color filter I’d need?
Depends on the lens itself. Each will have different specs regarding the minimum distance to the subject. I recommend the shortest distance.
Yees, orange, orange/yellow are the primary filter colors.

OP
OP
Schraufabagel

Schraufabagel

aka Schrauf_den
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on the lens itself. Each will have different specs regarding the minimum distance to the subject. I recommend the shortest distance.
Yees, orange, orange/yellow are the primary filter colors.
The first is a 30mm f3.5 with 2.5x magnification and a minimum focus of 14 mm. The other is a 60mm f2.8 with 1x magnification and a minimum focus distance of 7.5 inches.

I’m still a beginner in photography in general, so your help has been awesome so far!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back