Macroalgae to feed tangs

Billyreef-ita

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2024
Messages
222
Reaction score
75
Location
Rome
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I put some macroalgae in the tank (caluerpa, gracilaria, chaetomorfa), instead of running a refugium. It reduces nutrients but I started to see my tangs going there and eating them. It seems a good source of fresh food for them always available. Is somebody experiencing the same? Thanks.
 
Do you think this could replace completely standard feeding with products or it could only be an integration?
 
Hello, I put some macroalgae in the tank (caluerpa, gracilaria, chaetomorfa), instead of running a refugium. It reduces nutrients but I started to see my tangs going there and eating them. It seems a good source of fresh food for them always available. Is somebody experiencing the same? Thanks.
Its regarded as salad and will never last with tangs.
 
I wonder if continuing feeding them with traditional food now would be overfeeding. Maybe it’s just a matter of finding the right balance
It's really hard to overfeeding marine fish especially when the supplemental food is part of their natural diet.
 
Ok thanks!
 
I wonder if continuing feeding them with traditional food now would be overfeeding. Maybe it’s just a matter of finding the right balance
having many tangs, it goes in one end and out the other
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new