Made a splurge/rushed purchase - rabbitfish

PhilMStudy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my tank conversion has been going very well, stability is surprising me again already, admittedly I’m not testing for any supplements, just watching for ammonia and nitrogen cycles.

anyways, everyone is doing well, I’ve wanted to add a rabbitfish for some time and know there’s a danger, but honestly, if they turn into a coral nipper I’ll focus on corals they won’t nip lol

gold lined rabbitfish, from biota. 6’ long tank, tons of caves, hidden areas and swim throughs.

I say “rushed” this was the only fish I didn’t add to my list but I’ve been looking at a gold lined or spotted rabbit for a few weeks now.

does anyone have experience with their growth long term? I’m hoping maximum size is at least 2 years away lol not sure I’m ready for that big of a fish that quickly mentally

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my tank conversion has been going very well, stability is surprising me again already, admittedly I’m not testing for any supplements, just watching for ammonia and nitrogen cycles.

anyways, everyone is doing well, I’ve wanted to add a rabbitfish for some time and know there’s a danger, but honestly, if they turn into a coral nipper I’ll focus on corals they won’t nip lol

gold lined rabbitfish, from biota. 6’ long tank, tons of caves, hidden areas and swim throughs.

I say “rushed” this was the only fish I didn’t add to my list but I’ve been looking at a gold lined or spotted rabbit for a few weeks now.

does anyone have experience with their growth long term? I’m hoping maximum size is at least 2 years away lol not sure I’m ready for that big of a fish that quickly mentally
My Siganus magnificus grew 2-3 inches in 2 years. I got the first one at about 1.5 inch and he was at 3-4 inch when I lost him. My second one was bought at 2 or 3 inch and is now 5-6 inch. Both of the rabbits I owned for 2 years (The second is still growing strong in my 4’ tank).

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.8%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 167 72.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back