Mag help

Trent H

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon noon I’m looking for a little help… my mag has been dropping so I purchased BRS magnesium mix for general adjustments and I then went to use their calculator and it says I should also add magnesium sulfate? I’ve tried digging into the subject a little and just got a little more confused… currently my parameters are
Alk 7.8
Cal 450
Mag 1260
Sal 1.026
Temp 78

Thank you

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Good afternoon noon I’m looking for a little help… my mag has been dropping so I purchased BRS magnesium mix for general adjustments and I then went to use their calculator and it says I should also add magnesium sulfate? I’ve tried digging into the subject a little and just got a little more confused… currently my parameters are
Alk 7.8
Cal 450
Mag 1260
Sal 1.026
Temp 78

Thank you
Did you buy the "magnesium mix" bag? If so it contains both magnesium sulfate and magnesium chloride already pre mixed. Just add the bag with RODI water to make a gallon of the solution total. Follow instructions on the bag and use the calculator from BRS.

OP
OP
Trent H

Trent H

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you buy the "magnesium mix" bag? If so it contains both magnesium sulfate and magnesium chloride already pre mixed. Just add the bag with RODI water to make a gallon of the solution total. Follow instructions on the bag and use the calculator from BRS.

I purchased this and then I used the calculator and it said to select BRS liquid mag mix in calculator so I’d that and then for the instructions it says use 5.25 cups of magnesium chloride and 2 cups of magnesium sulfate

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Follow these instructions, you'll use the whole container to make 1 gallon of solution. Don't add anything else. Use an empty 1 gallon jug. Distilled water or RODI.

Mixing Instructions - BRS Magnesium Mix Solution

General Adjustments

Fill a 1-gallon container 1/2 full of RO/DI or distilled water and then add the entire contents of the package into the container. Secure the cap on the container and shake it for about 10 seconds to help start the dissolving process. Remove the cap and fill the container the rest of the way with RO/DI or distilled water. Give the container a few more shakes and then let it sit until all the salts have fully dissolved before use.

stoney7713

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Ignore the instructions below the dosage. It's just telling you how to make the mix you already have.

Just follow the recommended dosage it gives you. My advice is use 1/4 or 1/2 and move the magnesium slowly. Don't add it all at once.
Screenshot_20230826_183031_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
Trent H

Trent H

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Follow these instructions, you'll use the whole container to make 1 gallon of solution. Don't add anything else. Use an empty 1 gallon jug. Distilled water or RODI.

Mixing Instructions - BRS Magnesium Mix Solution

General Adjustments

Fill a 1-gallon container 1/2 full of RO/DI or distilled water and then add the entire contents of the package into the container. Secure the cap on the container and shake it for about 10 seconds to help start the dissolving process. Remove the cap and fill the container the rest of the way with RO/DI or distilled water. Give the container a few more shakes and then let it sit until all the salts have fully dissolved before use.
Ok thank you I’ll do that they should I does 290 ml like the calculator says?

Attachments

• IMG_6924.jpeg
    IMG_6924.jpeg
    179.1 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
Trent H

Trent H

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ignore the instructions below the dosage. It's just telling you how to make the mix you already have.

Just follow the recommended dosage it gives you. My advice is use 1/4 or 1/2 and move the magnesium slowly. Don't add it all at once.
Screenshot_20230826_183031_Chrome.jpg
Thank you for the help and clarification I appreciate it!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%

Back