Magic Eraser

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZoWhat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ZoWhat

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 23, 2014
Messages
10,367
Reaction score
17,403
Location
Cincinnati Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any devices being sold that purposely holds onto a Magic Eraser sponge to clean internal glass?

I have a brand new Planet Aquarium with low-iron front glass... I want to baby that front glass to avoid scratches
 
I was just looking into this for another, similar thread here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/snapper-for-low-iron-glass.1151998/#post-14255286
It looks like there are some "sticks" you can get to hold the magic erasers, though I'm not sure how well they would work in a tank.

A lot of members take a slice of a melamine sponge (<generic magic erasers; can be ordered online cheap!) and sandwich it between their magnetic scrapper. Personally, I just hold the sponge in my hand and go at it 🙃
 
Are there any devices being sold that purposely holds onto a Magic Eraser sponge to clean internal glass?

I have a brand new Planet Aquarium with low-iron front glass... I want to baby that front glass to avoid scratches
I just used my hands.
 
You can buy sheets on Amazon and then you can wrap them around anything. I wrap one around a standard glass cleaner tool and hold in place with a rubber band. I also use them between my magnetic glass cleaner.
1774386557827.png
 
I hold them in my hand do that I can move from using the whole pad to a small corner for increased pressure on tough spots.
I also think there are difference in quality - low density ones fall apart too easily.
 
i Would have never thought that magic erasers could go in a tank. Don't they foam up and have chemicals when they get wet?
 
i Would have never thought that magic erasers could go in a tank. Don't they foam up and have chemicals when they get wet?
They are a foamed plastic, no chems or soap. Great at cleaning glass or acrylic tanks, wet side.
 
i Would have never thought that magic erasers could go in a tank. Don't they foam up and have chemicals when they get wet?

Some brands have soap impregnated in them, you can't use those.
 
What are the safe brands ?
 
What are the safe brands ?

Just avoid any that say "foamy" or that indicate that some soap was added. For example, the Mr Clean brand has three main types; original, heavy duty and the Foaming type with Dawn added. You want to avoid that last one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new