Magma wrasse and cherry wrasse, same thing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FarmerTy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
LOL! So how was your trip this weekend? Wish I'd have known you were looking into this particular wrasse, I would have had you over to check it out.
We stayed in town this past weekend but it was busy as usual!

I wasn't actually looking at getting a magma, though if it showed up on my doorstep, I wouldn't turn it down. I had asked the LFS to order me a male flame wrasse and they sent him a magma instead. The price was right so I kept him anyways. I'll try him out with a male flame wrasse but like you guys already pointed out, may not work out. If the 215 gallon isn't enough turf for the both of them together, I'll rehome one of them. It's just going to be really hard as both are beautiful in their own right.

I appreciate the offer though to come check him out!
 
Anytime!

Crazy that they sent the wrong wrasse. While similar, there are some definate differences.
 
Anytime!

Crazy that they sent the wrong wrasse. While similar, there are some definate differences.
Yeah, he ordered the flame and they sent him the Magma and it was labeled magma too. So, he could have checked the wrong box too since they were on the fish list next to each other. [emoji12]
 
Yes, PIA calls them Cherry Magma Wrasse.
Yeah, I saw that too. Also, a EMF of Houston called them Cherry/Magma wrasses as well. I just wanted to make sure everybody was taking about the same fish here. [emoji1]
 
Here is a pic of mine :-)
484fede387a1dad6ce09cd270bbea8e3.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new