Magnesium testing - which one is the most accurate

  • Thread starter Thread starter gregrock68
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

gregrock68

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 7, 2024
Messages
418
Reaction score
339
Location
Haymarket
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Need some advice everyone. Looking for another test kit that is most accurate for testing magnesium. I have the Hanna which is not that accurate imo, I also use a Salifert which seems to be more accurate. What have you found to be the most accurate for magnesium?
 
I use a Trident. Not to really check the value but just the trend. It’s close to the icp tests I’ve had. I don’t think any tests we can do are accurate for magnesium though.
 
Thx, I am using my trident as well for automated testing but I can't seem to get the magnesium elevated above 1370. The Salifert test is showing around 1450 , do you have any thoughts?
 
Hanna is not great. Salifert so much easier and closer, especially considering what Randy says. I use Salifert, and I calibrate my Trident to my tank water. The day I send an ICP out at the same time I remove water for the ICP I have the Trident do combined, my Mastertronic prove to me how pathetic it is and I do DKH, CA and MG. Then I compare to the ICP when it comes back.
 
Hanna is not great. Salifert so much easier and closer, especially considering what Randy says. I use Salifert, and I calibrate my Trident to my tank water. The day I send an ICP out at the same time I remove water for the ICP I have the Trident do combined, my Mastertronic prove to me how pathetic it is and I do DKH, CA and MG. Then I compare to the ICP when it comes back.
Appreciate your insight. I was thinking along those lines as a combination of testing so I can be somewhat accurate
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new