Magnetic frag racks for thick glass?

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just stupidly purchased and received my eshopps frag rack, not noticing that it's only good for glass up to 3/8". Now, why someone with a tank small enough to only use 3/8" glass would want such a large frag rack, I don't know. Anyway, does anyone make one that is good for at least 1/2" glass. When I say at least, I mean because I also actually have frags on it, some being large :bigsmile:

wysiwyg

marine predator man
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i bought mine off ebay comes with 3 magnets and they hold my rack very nicely i have 3/4 inch glass believe it came from mr salty

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look good! I might diy my frag tank Rack with acrylic one day, egg crate is just too weak, and light, the powerheads knock empty ones over!

OP
OP
SDguy

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info, bought a couple.

neupane00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
if you are still around, whats your opinion about this after 4 years of usage :) I am having same problem with 3/4 inches glass. Cant find anything magnetic that holds the rack.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with captan saltys frag rack they hold great and I've had mine for years and still no rust in the maagnets!

DereksReef77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought some Sea Side Aquatics frag racks and I love them. I have 1/2 inch glass and the magnets hold super tight. I bought the large ones that hold 23 frag plugs for like $30 each. Come in black or clear acrylic. Got them from Garrett at Fragtastic Reef.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
team I was needing just small single ones for a nano, does anyone know where I can get just a single frag holder, small magnet setup for pico to hold frags on glass? im using a nano mag cleaner currently glued to the backside with a frag...but that wont last long the metal w begin to rot from constant submersion

are there single magnet setups only for 1 frag?

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just stupidly purchased and received my eshopps frag rack, not noticing that it's only good for glass up to 3/8". Now, why someone with a tank small enough to only use 3/8" glass would want such a large frag rack, I don't know. Anyway, does anyone make one that is good for at least 1/2" glass. When I say at least, I mean because I also actually have frags on it, some being large :bigsmile:
i like ReefingArt and/or IceCaps - both work very well in my tank, which has 1/2" glass... i really like the design and look of the ReefingArt racks

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 63 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back