Magnetic Lab Spinner = Thumbs up

  • Thread starter Thread starter bevo5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bevo5

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 24, 2015
Messages
833
Reaction score
657
Location
Portland
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I saw an article a long time ago with someone suggesting the use of a magnetic lab spinner for testing....and after waiting a long time I decided to just pull the trigger. I just wanted to repost something about it, because it's made testing a lot easier and I figure people might be interested.

I got this one off amazon for like $50. The sound is just the little magnet they sent...it's too big for the testing vile so it rattles off the sides. I'm ordering smaller ones. I'm testing GH in this test - for freshwater - and typically it's a real pain because you have to add a drop, cap the vile, shake, add a drop, repeat.

Anyway - highly recommend. Much more fun.

 
Great video, I like mine very much. I would suggest slowing the stirrer a tiny bit. :)
 
Last edited:
I love mine
4a205cd4a977579e77aa94841378c4ee.jpg
 
Its called the Aquaristik speed test stirrer. Looks like a handy device, been consindering getting one.
 
I'm curious how well that works with the Red Sea mg test. Only 3ml of water if I recall correctly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 6.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new