Magnetic Stirrer I found...

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this while looking around...

There are a lot of people who exclusively top off with kalk from a larger reservoir and automating the stirring can be a PITA given so many few options.

This stirrer has multiple submersible stirrer modules that connect to the one unit so you can stir up a much larger top off container/kalk reservoir with multiple stirrer units. There are 6 ports, timers and rpm adjustment. You could probably make it work constantly and then toggle it on/off with your apex at intervals?

Just thought I would share in case it was of any interest to anyone.
Automated kalk dosing is something I've been thinking about for my build.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not show how that tiny magnetic stirrer is going to help with larger toff of containers.
What's wrong with traditional kalk stirrers? I use one from Avast Marine. Works great. Like zero maintenance.

OP
OP
CBonito

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not show how that tiny magnetic stirrer is going to help with larger toff of containers.
What's wrong with traditional kalk stirrers? I use one from Avast Marine. Works great. Like zero maintenance.
It's not just one. It will host up to 6 stirrer units that are waterproof/submersible units.

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not just one. It will host up to 6 stirrer units that are waterproof/submersible units.
No, I get it. I'm just saying that dropping those into a 50 gal drum for example wouldn't do anything to keep it stirred. Not to mention those cords likely wouldn't reach the bottom of the barrel.
Considering that you can easily find hobby level kalk stirrers for tanks up to around 500 gallons, I don't see the need for this. Tanks beyond 500 gallons are likely to have custom made or commercial grade equipment to handle stuff like this.

OP
OP
CBonito

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I get it. I'm just saying that dropping those into a 50 gal drum for example wouldn't do anything to keep it stirred. Not to mention those cords likely wouldn't reach the bottom of the barrel.
Considering that you can easily find hobby level kalk stirrers for tanks up to around 500 gallons, I don't see the need for this. Tanks beyond 500 gallons are likely to have custom made or commercial grade equipment to handle stuff like this.
I have no plans to do anything that elaborate, but I posted it for anyone who might be interested in something like that.
Some of the people on here do some crazy stuff.

I do like those kalk reactors though. How do the motors hold up? I've been burned in the past by that.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back