Magnetic stirrer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LisaAP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I have a band new GHL magnetic stirrer but I just can't seem to get it to work. It's the model 2 stirrer and I have it connected to a doser 2.1 SA. The firmware 1.35. I can't decide if it's broken or I'm just being an idiot. I think I understand how to programme it but nothing happens, I can't even get it to stir using the manual override. I need a little help please. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
LisaAP

LisaAP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, scratch that. I tried a different port on the back of the doser and it works now. Bizarre, oh well problem solved (I think, lol). :oops: :)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, scratch that. I tried a different port on the back of the doser and it works now. Bizarre, oh well problem solved (I think, lol). :oops: :)
The ports on the backside follow your numbering of the doser pumps. If your pump head is doser 7 - the third head of your second doser - the third outlet on your second doser at the back is stirrer 7.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
LisaAP

LisaAP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ports on the backside follow your numbering of the doser pumps. If your pump head is doser 7 - the third head of your second doser - the third outlet on your second doser at the back is stirrer 7.

Sincerely Lasse
Yeah I had it plugged into port 4 in the doser but no matter what programme combination I used it wouldn't switch on. Then I changed it to port 1 but still activated by doser head 4 and it worked fine. :)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are aware that they are not numbering cross the unit? The stirrer port that is closed to pump head 4 is stirrer number 1.

1648314711221.png

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
LisaAP

LisaAP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it would be easiest to plug the mixer into the port numbered 4 to be triggered doser head 4, makes sense right? (The port farthest wall away from head 4 :p ) Now however it’s in port 1 but still triggered by doser head 4. I should probably try it in port 4 again but it’s working now so I’m hesitant to mess with it now. If it’s not broke and all that….;)

OP
OP
LisaAP

LisaAP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it works - do not mess with it :D

Sincerely Lasse
Hi Lasse, I have another question for you. So, being a sucker for punishment, I have added a second stirrer. :grinning-squinting-face: Both are sitting side by side and have exactly the same settings. Both are set to speed number 1. The first mixer works great but the second one spins much faster producing a vortex. I have tried adjusting the speed settings higher and then back down again but it still spins a lot faster that the other unit. Also when I switch it to manual override, it spins fast then slower before speeding up again randomly. Any chance of an explanation as to what's going on here? :)

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Lasse, I have another question for you. So, being a sucker for punishment, I have added a second stirrer. :grinning-squinting-face: Both are sitting side by side and have exactly the same settings. Both are set to speed number 1. The first mixer works great but the second one spins much faster producing a vortex. I have tried adjusting the speed settings higher and then back down again but it still spins a lot faster that the other unit. Also when I switch it to manual override, it spins fast then slower before speeding up again randomly. Any chance of an explanation as to what's going on here? :)
Nope Speed and GHL stirrers is a huge mystery even for me :) But - there is two type of stirrers - type 1 and 2. Turn them upside down and there should be a 1 or a 2 at the bottom. See the red marking - it should correspond to the marking under the stirrer

1648744584343.png

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
LisaAP

LisaAP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope Speed and GHL stirrers is a huge mystery even for me :) But - there is two type of stirrers - type 1 and 2. Turn them upside down and there should be a 1 or a 2 at the bottom. See the red marking - it should correspond to the marking under the stirrer

1648744584343.png

Sincerely Lasse
I have type 2, does that make a difference? :thinking-face:

OP
OP
LisaAP

LisaAP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only that you have to set magnetic stirrer model to 2 instead of 1

Sincerely Lasse
Oh yeah I did that. :) They work, I suppose I should be happy with that but still the difference in speed is perplexing.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 44 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 17 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 156 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.0%
Back