Magnifica anemone light experiments

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some may recall my lighting experiments with my Magnifica anemone. Not going to go through previous posts apart from I have been using 2 Asta 20 daylight LED spot lights over it with great success.

I had been doing a little research and wondered if I could improve even further. I had a look at a number of freshwater plant lights in a single spot light form to replace the 2 Asta lights and with even more power.

Given magnifica nems are light loving with ⁹most found on or not far.off the waters surface it makes sense strong daylight is a good light source for these beautiful animals. I narrowed the availble lights down to a couple finally deciding on a Kessil 160we tuna sun.

Wasn't going to pay for a new one so the search was on for a good secondhand one at a price I could just afford, after a it's an experiment and I want to be able to recuperate money spent on one.

After a couple of weeks I did a deal with somebody on Facebook including a gooseneck for a reasonable price. Said light was installed this afternoon.the colour temp was positions fully over to the hint of blue with the power set at around 1/3 full on.

Now to adjust the Kessil as required and monitor the results.
20221111_145614.jpg

20221111_155307.jpg

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be interesting to see the results here, need more pictures!

Lovely reef as well atoll

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back