Magnificent foxface

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My lfs just got in a magnificent foxface and I love him, great color and everything, can't get him yet as he just came in today and I'm going on vacation this weekend. I just have a single worry. I currently have a plain foxface, if I add the magnificent in will the two fight? I have a 120 gal with plenty of room

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

My lfs just got in a magnificent foxface and I love him, great color and everything, can't get him yet as he just came in today and I'm going on vacation this weekend. I just have a single worry. I currently have a plain foxface, if I add the magnificent in will the two fight? I have a 120 gal with plenty of room
There is certainly a chance they will fight, as they're similar in appearance (closely related) and compete for food.

If you try it, use a social acclimation box. It CAN occasionally be done but I would choose one or the other..

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends. I've seen them coexist and I have seen them together where one had to be removed because of harassment.

The problem with an acclimation box is that foxfaces aren't super bold, so may not show their true colors toward a fish in an acclimation box.

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It really depends. I've seen them coexist and I have seen them together where one had to be removed because of harassment.

The problem with an acclimation box is that foxfaces aren't super bold, so may not show their true colors toward a fish in an acclimation box.
That's a good point

SoreninKL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I would love to have another rabbit fish but most the shops here say "don't add another because they may fight" and their general advice was "if you want to have 2, you must add 2 juveniles at the same time"

cheers

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was kinda afraid I may not be able to have them both, that magnificent is beautiful but my current foxface has been in the tank for a while, probably better off just leaving my current foxface be
Wise choice!

OP
OP
Steven91

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the help though, and I think my foxface thanks you as well

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is ur tank? These do get rather large as well and 2 might be too much

BenitaSolo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you didn't ask, but here's mine! I really like them, but I would think 2 in one tank wouldn't end well. I am not speaking from experience though

IMG_2235.JPG

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.7%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 32 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back