Magnified Viewing

PeaBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a way to view things that are about 10" and further. I have a flipper, and that's great for closer viewing, but not anything further out than 10". What are the options?

And is this only possible with camera lenses?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you tried using a regular magnifying glass? Are you looking just for viewing solutions or would this be for photography?

OP
OP
PeaBrain

PeaBrain

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My intention is simply for viewing, but if photography can provide that viewing, even better.

Update:
I did find a monocular with a short focus distance (10"). It works but it's not super clear.
I bought a used Canon PowerShot that should arrive shortly that I've been told will do what I need. I didn't want to buy an expensive camera and lens, especially since I am due to upgrade to an iPhone 11, which has a much improved camera system than my iPhone 7. Man, I've wasted so much time and money on iPhone lenses. :rolleyes:

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use my phone camera, works well for the zoom and clarity. for close to the glass I use a magnifying glass / monocular

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back