Magtool AIO-70p Skinmer

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a question regarding protein skimmers! I recently bought a 40g AIO innovative marine tank and I want a protein skimmer to go with it! I was curious if magtool skimmers are worth it and if there are better recommendations for a costly effective skimmer! Also what other accessories does everyone think I need? I appreciate the help!

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maybe some helpful info here

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 40 gallons of water is very manageable to keep clean and element rich. Water changes are essential. If it were me, I’d invest in an RODI system. Replacing 25% or 10 gallons every 2 weeks would do not only that, but eliminate your need for a skimmer. Personally I’ve not been impressed with small skimmers that hang inside the back filter chamber in AIOs. In sump protein skimmers are beasts! Like the one I have. I clean it every 2-4 days! You want the best pristine conditions for your corals. An RODI setup. :) That’s my 2 cents.

OP
OP
jpshoemaker46

jpshoemaker46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 40 gallons of water is very manageable to keep clean and element rich. Water changes are essential. If it were me, I’d invest in an RODI system. Replacing 25% or 10 gallons every 2 weeks would do not only that, but eliminate your need for a skimmer. Personally I’ve not been impressed with small skimmers that hang inside the back filter chamber in AIOs. In sump protein skimmers are beasts! Like the one I have. I clean it every 2-4 days! You want the best pristine conditions for your corals. An RODI setup. :) That’s my 2 cents.
Really appreciate the info! Thanks so much! I’m gonna experiment with the skimmer and go on from there! I did hear that skimmers in dumps work best! RODI system will be later once payday comes around

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back