Mail Order Clams

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2015
Messages
5,851
Reaction score
9,613
Location
Gulf Breeze, Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to get a clam sometime in the future, but I've never seen one available locally. How do you guys order them...online or through the LFS?

I'm a little leery about shipping such a delicate animal, but maybe I'm overthinking things. I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on which clams are best for starters and which ship the best.
 
Dr. Mac's Pacific East Aquaculture (based in MD) is really good. I actually just grabbed one from them this weekend at a swap. They are all 100% aquacultured and they've been shipping them for years and years.
 
Dr. Mac's Pacific East Aquaculture (based in MD) is really good. I actually just grabbed one from them this weekend at a swap. They are all 100% aquacultured and they've been shipping them for years and years.

You can go that route, I would if I ordered online. You can also go with liveaquaria.com, which gives a 14 day guarantee.
 
I've ordered a lot of clams of different size and species from Liveaquaria.com with great success. I normally order two at a time and sometimes there is a loss do to shipping. I live in south Florida so they have a long trip. But customer service at Liveaquaria is top notch. I don't even think twice before ordering from them, good luck and hope I helped.
 
Dr. Mac's Pacific East Aquaculture (based in MD) is really good. I actually just grabbed one from them this weekend at a swap. They are all 100% aquacultured and they've been shipping them for years and years.
And now they're a sponsor!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new