Maine Reef Club

Daryl Reed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's it going y'all! This is my first post here but I've been on this site countless times. I live outside of Augusta and I'm definetly down to join a club. I've had aquariums for about 3 years including my reef tank now that's been up and running since September.

Daryl Reed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was a Maine reef club page established? I'm pretty new to this and I want to make sure I don't miss out. If I could help out in any way let me know. This is good stuff. I ran into a guy that works at Petco in Augusta the other week and we were talking reef tanks, he was telling me a dream of his was to open up a saltwater aquarium store in Winthrop. I thought that would be awesome since we have such limited saltwater retail choices. I know I rely on the internet for 99% of my supplies. It would be great to support a local business and have it right in my backyard basically. Let me know when y'all get a chance.

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to some users on maineaquaria it is a club, although they don't meet or have frag swaps or speakers. It's just a forum, as far as I can tell mostly to sell, buy, and trade.

Daryl Reed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragit I read your posts on Maine aquaria and they regulars seem to be shooting down each one of your posts. It does seem that they had issues in the last club and an overall bad taste was left in many mouths. But I say we can take there advice, start out small, and learn from the mistakes of the last club. I'm an accountant and I have seen time and time again, money will complicate the best of relationships. I say we'll keep it simple and just use it as an excuse to drink beers and talk tanks. We can keep in informal in the beginning and see where it goes from there. Let me know what you think.

ryansweatt2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
According to some users on maineaquaria it is a club, although they don't meet or have frag swaps or speakers. It's just a forum, as far as I can tell mostly to sell, buy, and trade.

We do frag swaps usually twice a year at cultivated reef. Frag swaps get kinda boring with the limited number of active members trading the same corals though. After a while everyone has the same corals and trading becomes a mute point. We used to have swaps at unity college and easy aquariums and New England aquarium service even did a big swap a couple years back. Frag swaps unfortunately have a pretty dismal turnout though which kinda sucks and steers more people to the open forum for buying selling and trading.

Elysium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone. Just popping in to say hello as I've made the move from NY to Maine (Biddeford). I'll hop over to maineaquaria as well.

Cheers!

Twolabs443

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gray here checking in! Would love to connect with some fellow Maine reefers. Relatively new to the hobby (salt) myself with a bit less than a year under my belt. I browse maineaquaria.com some as well, but it doesn’t have the variety R2R offers.

Ben Morin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gray here checking in! Would love to connect with some fellow Maine reefers. Relatively new to the hobby (salt) myself with a bit less than a year under my belt. I browse maineaquaria.com some as well, but it doesn’t have the variety R2R offers.

If you have a Facebook be sure to follow Maine aquaria’s Facebook page also!

Ben Morin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone on this thread has a Facebook be sure to follow Maine aquaria’s Facebook page

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back