Maine Reef Club

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice if we had a club up here. Any reefers interested in trying to re-ignite a club? I know that our past clubs disbanded from what I've heard due to politics in the club/s. I would at least like to get a local network going of folks for purchasing and trading livestock. Anybody out there interested? Let's get some chatter going.

DalPal25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in Auburn and I'd definitely be interested in meeting other reefers from Maine! Very cool, very glad you started this thread.

Jeremiah G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, we can be a club of 3! President, VP, and Secretary/Treasurer all set! HAHA, lets hope we get some more interest.

Haha, too funny!!
I just recently bought a house and had a 75 gallon reef tank in college about five years ago. Im gonna be setting it back up in the next couple months.
I got most of my stock from Penny @ aqua corals.com & live aquaria.
Anyone else know Penny?

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, too funny!!
I just recently bought a house and had a 75 gallon reef tank in college about five years ago. Im gonna be setting it back up in the next couple months.
Anyone else know Penny?

Oh yeah Penny is great. I used to trade/sell her softies when I first moved back to Maine after college back in 2002. I haven't been to her shop/house in years though. With my last tank and current tank I've got the SPS bug.

DalPal25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, too funny!!
Anyone else know Penny?

I haven't been to the shop yet, I usually go to Easy Aquariums in Gorham. Real nice place, although you could stand around for an hour before someone comes to help you, they seem to be understaffed haha

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been to the shop yet, I usually go to Easy Aquariums in Gorham. Real nice place, although you could stand around for an hour before someone comes to help you, they seem to be understaffed haha

Totally agreed they definitely could use more help. I always try and get there as soon as they open so I'm first in line.

Ben Morin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice if we had a club up here. Any reefers interested in trying to re-ignite a club? I know that our past clubs disbanded from what I've heard due to politics in the club/s. I would at least like to get a local network going of folks for purchasing and trading livestock. Anybody out there interested? Let's get some chatter going.

I would be very interested!

OP
OP
fragit

fragit

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys know any other reefers on here? There are a bunch of folks on maineaquaria. I have not posted there yet to see if there is any interest.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hence while I would handle our out of state problems I have a leg up on that already.

And I might try to get up there this year my moms friend lives up there and it is just so beautiful in the summer up there

But I'm always a little confused by the line
"Can't get there from here but if u go left at the light it will be on ur left"

Ben Morin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys know any other reefers on here? There are a bunch of folks on maineaquaria. I have not posted there yet to see if there is any interest.

I know a lot on Maine aquaria. I also know a few people I could talk to!

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all serious tho fragit on the web there was a women in Maine who breeds mandarins I believe have u looked her up?

Jeremiah G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I gotta check them out; didn't know of them! Any other good aquariums in the state or nearby NH or MA for livestock?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 42.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 21.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back