Maintaining Alkalinity at high level (12 dKH) - Accelerated Coral Growth?

Beauski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following...
I also use this salt but my system sits at 10, and I have seen no ill effects whatsoever..
Red Sea’s research into the long term physiological demands of SPS, LPS & Soft Corals in the reef aquarium has shown that enhanced coloration and accelerated growth require significantly different water conditions.

Just like their Red Sea Coral Pro Salt, when mixed at 1.025 SG, it brings the Alk to 11.8 - 12.2 dKH, which Sharon Ram (Chief Scientist @ Red Sea) claimed a level that is good for accelerated coral growth.

gu79zvY.jpg

What's your take on this elevated Alk @ 12.6 dKH? Have you had experience in the past raising it and maintaining the level of Alkalinity at high level (12 dKH) accelerates the growth of coral? or on contrary, some folks mentioned that they've experienced RTN or burnt tips?
Im using red sea as well and my ph sits at 10, i want to try coral pro but worry my dkh witj spike to 12. Why is coeal pro salt so high in dkh if 8 a 9 is optimal?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back