Maintenance Mode

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way for me to create a maintenance mode on my apex. For example, to turn off my heater, ATO, and pumps so I can do a water chance?

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a way for me to create a maintenance mode on my apex. For example, to turn off my heater, ATO, and pumps so I can do a water chance?
Yes. Just use one of the feed cycles and schedule it for the time you need to get your maintenance done. I have one that shuts everything down for 30 minutes when I treat for aptasia or clean the plumbing. Good luck!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I explain how to do this in my tutorial on Virtual Outputs. I prefer this method over the Feed cycles because if the maintenance takes longer than planned, a Feed timer might expire before you're done and turn things back at a bad moment.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I explain how to do this in my tutorial on Virtual Outputs. I prefer this method over the Feed cycles because if the maintenance takes longer than planned, a Feed timer might expire before you're done and turn things back at a bad moment.

This.

I went with a slight alternate, a physical 'red' button tied into the bob that stops all pumps, shuts off the uv light & heaters as long as its depressed or in a 'closed' state. Turn to reset so even I cant screw up and turn something on, on accident. Im planning to replace that one with a illuminated model so the sometimes exhausted cloudy brain wont forget. Green button is for manual feed mode.

20220422_120258_HDR.jpg

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sometimes I just turn off the outlets for any equipment I work on, like the carbon reactor, skimmer or pumps/power heads that have to be cleaned.

OP
OP
chrisjj625

chrisjj625

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

uninformed

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This.

I went with a slight alternate, a physical 'red' button tied into the bob that stops all pumps, shuts off the uv light & heaters as long as its depressed or in a 'closed' state. Turn to reset so even I cant screw up and turn something on, on accident. Im planning to replace that one with a illuminated model so the sometimes exhausted cloudy brain wont forget. Green button is for manual feed mode.

20220422_120258_HDR.jpg
To solve the problem of forgetting to turn equipment back on, I create virtual outlets that trigger the APEX alarms when they have been off for too long. For example, if my ATO has been off for more than 30 minutes, I will start getting alarms. All it takes is a simple DEFER statement in the virtual outlet.

[X_ATO_OFF]
Set ON
If Output ATO_3_8 = ON Then OFF
Defer 030:00 Then ON

ATO_3_8 is obviously my ATO outlet. In the alarm program, you trigger the alarm when this virtual outlet, X_ATO_OFF, is ON.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 157 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back