Majestic Angels in Reefs

  • Thread starter Thread starter mfollen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 14, 2013
Messages
2,364
Reaction score
1,853
Location
Chicago, IL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefers,
Can you share your experience keeping Majestic angelfish w/ coral? I’m considering adding one.

seems like they’re safe with SPS, but more risky w/ zoas and LPS.

thanks all.
 
I have a transitioning Bali Aquarich Captive bred Majestic. Had it since it was a tiny juvenile. Out of all of the Angels I have it picks the most of any corals. It will eat LPS/Softies all day and picks constantly at Acro polyps. Beautiful fish but cannot be trusted.
 
Thank you for sharing. I was actually thinking about doing the same thing w/ a captive bred little one to start.
I think I can stomach the fish sampling softies, but not euphyllia.

I'll likely opt for a safer angel, thanks a bunch!
 
I had a majestic angel in my reef for years. Bought it as a juvenile. It was a model reef citizen for about 5 years. Never touched anything. Then it suddenly got a taste for LPS. Killed my elegance coral. So it had to go. I would say that if you are willing to re-home it, you can probably keep one in your reef for several years before it will turn. They seem to be one of the most likely angels to be reef safe as juveniles, but of course every fish is different and results and stories vary.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new