Majestic Rabbitfish

CaptRob

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How reef safe do you think a majestic rabbit fish Is? I have always wanted A foxface but didn’t want to take the chance. I’ve heard the majestic is a safer gamble.

mort

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not heard the name majestic before, is this the same fish as is commonly called the magnificent? If it is I don't think they are any more or less reef safe than a normal foxface or fox lo.

AC1211

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not heard of Foxface species, any species not being reef safe. However, to take extra precautions, make sure to feed it a good diet of nori and other veggie foods so it won’t nip out of “curiosity.”
No they occasionally take out zoas (yellow tangs can do this too but no one mentions it) the mafnificent foxface is more prone to nipping at zoas too from what my lfs has experienced in their 400g display tank where when they add zoas their foxface and yellow tangs tear them to bits they are removing that display however...

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Magnificent Foxface likes to nip softies, mostly a Devil's hand leather and a colt coral. So far he hasn't bothered anything else, including zoas and palys.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back