OP
R

Reefqtr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh that's for three weeks? Not daily? ok.

My OPINION is, check alk daily for a few days. Calculate how much is lost, and start dosing if it's a big loss. I don't lose that much alk probably cause I do 25% water changes at least once a week on my tank. But mine is smaller than your's and I can replenish easier with water changes.

You might have to start dosing though. Your alk might be ticking off that one coral, and it's just your first sign before the rest are ticked. Remember, it's not about survival, it's about thriving. I have seen mine do some crazy extension where I end up surprised how big they got. The fish...who know whaat it was besides the ich. But do your cycling thing, check your alk and dose if needed and you should be good. I'm excited to see how it goes!
I used to check them daily but now every 3 days I do since it's as worrying like before.

I will do larger water changes for now on to get anything that's in there out but will do it at around 10% every 2 days until I reach 100% of water volum maybe then the issue will be fixed.

Thanks a lot buddy for your advice and will up date you on how things goes and what i did even if it didn't work

Lewbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keloray ao100 lights , and to be honest I don't like them since I got them but it was my only option where I am living and for a month now I am searching for a one time purchase for my lights . I might go with aquatic life t5ho hybrid 61" and add 4 Kessil a360 to it , any advice?
Had a very quick check on google and lighting might be an issue also, mixed reviews on google and no one with sustained use within a reef. Re-lighting, its an investment and dependant on what you want to keep in your reef (anemone, LPS, SPS etc). Personally I love LED's and think they are the best thing that's come to reefing in recent years. I always recommend AI but they are very expensive, Kessils have great reviews.

OP
OP
R

Reefqtr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a very quick check on google and lighting might be an issue also, mixed reviews on google and no one with sustained use within a reef. Re-lighting, its an investment and dependant on what you want to keep in your reef (anemone, LPS, SPS etc). Personally I love LED's and think they are the best thing that's come to reefing in recent years. I always recommend AI but they are very expensive, Kessils have great reviews.

My plan is to have mixed reef in my aquarium , yes they are very expensive but its a one time investment and these lights i currently have can go for the smaller thanks i am planning to set up for other purposes.

Yes they do also they are less blue than other brands . Gives more natural looks . And with the AI i feel like they will look fantastic.

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of these are bleached buddy which is not good (esp the first picture of the frogspawn). One other question, what lights do you have?

That torch is bleached...it's transparent. Check out my video of my tank, you'll get a good view of my torches and hammers.

OP
OP
R

Reefqtr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That torch is bleached...it's transparent. Check out my video of my tank, you'll get a good view of my torches and hammers.

Wow buddy you have an amazing tanks and coral very healthy looking, I guess I really need to treat my corals. But they have been like this even when I got them at the store. I will just experiment and hope I get it right with lots of reading

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow buddy you have an amazing tanks and coral very healthy looking, I guess I really need to treat my corals. But they have been like this even when I got them at the store. I will just experiment and hope I get it right with lots of reading

Thank you. As for lighting..I'm using the Red Sea 90s. I would think about getting those for your tank, we are both using red sea tanks it looks like. They seem to be made for our tanks specifically and it's easy to know what the PAR is where since it's made for that tank in mind. I can grow basically whatever the heck I want with mine.

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the lights you're using are specifically for Refugiums. If you can't get the lights you need there, why not import some or see if someone wants to be a bud and send you some? I'd imagine it'll suck since you just got that expensive tank, but at least you'd be set lighting wise.

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to check them daily but now every 3 days I do since it's as worrying like before.

I will do larger water changes for now on to get anything that's in there out but will do it at around 10% every 2 days until I reach 100% of water volum maybe then the issue will be fixed.

Thanks a lot buddy for your advice and will up date you on how things goes and what i did even if it didn't work

Right now, you should check your ALK every day for a few days at the same exact time. Calculate that and dose. I would check it in the mornings, and dose in the mornings before the coral wake up with the lights...

OP
OP
R

Reefqtr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the lights you're using are specifically for Refugiums. If you can't get the lights you need there, why not import some or see if someone wants to be a bud and send you some? I'd imagine it'll suck since you just got that expensive tank, but at least you'd be set lighting wise.
Because of the electricity . In usa they use 110V but here in Qatar we are using 220-240V power input.

OP
OP
R

Reefqtr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. As for lighting..I'm using the Red Sea 90s. I would think about getting those for your tank, we are both using red sea tanks it looks like. They seem to be made for our tanks specifically and it's easy to know what the PAR is where since it's made for that tank in mind. I can grow basically whatever the heck I want with mine.
Redsea lights I have thought about them , but they are way too blue for me its more blue spectrum and don't have that natural look . Second they reefbeat app is terrible as far as for connectivity I seem to have issues connecting my two 45 wave makers. They really need to work it out, i tried reaching them all they said is that you should shut off the firewall when i am not using any firewall. And my wifi is within range i guess its not so efficient.

I am planning to go with AI and x4 kessil 360 in the middle

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because of the electricity . In usa they use 110V but here in Qatar we are using 220-240V power input.

You can get an adapter silly! :) I think.....hmmmmmmmmmmm might be a good point. But I think you can. Also, they do have a white channel though...

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Redsea lights I have thought about them , but they are way too blue for me its more blue spectrum and don't have that natural look . Second they reefbeat app is terrible as far as for connectivity I seem to have issues connecting my two 45 wave makers. They really need to work it out, i tried reaching them all they said is that you should shut off the firewall when i am not using any firewall. And my wifi is within range i guess its not so efficient.

I am planning to go with AI and x4 kessil 360 in the middle

That's odd. The only issues I've ever had is when setting them up the first time. After that it's been reeeeaaaaaal smooth.

OP
OP
R

Reefqtr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get an adapter silly! :) I think.....hmmmmmmmmmmm might be a good point. But I think you can. Also, they do have a white channel though...
I am afraid of over loading my socket, where I have my tank there is only a single socket and running tons of equipments on it. I don't know if it will take on an adapter because it consumes alot and usually over heat if ran for a very long time.

Yeah they do have white channel I will check them at one of our local stores one more time to see if they come to my liking lol I will try to like them haha. But really the Al and API really gets my fully attention when it comes to lights they are so dam sexy and they give great par reading as far as I have seen.

OP
OP
R

Reefqtr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's odd. The only issues I've ever had is when setting them up the first time. After that it's been reeeeaaaaaal smooth.
How far is your wifi from them? My wifi is around 10m far from the controller
Also what phone do you run app on ? (I use Samsung maybe on an iPhone its different ?)

Hincapiej4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My router is about that same distance away. But I'm an IT and I also have an expensive router. For the app, I currently use a OnePlus 7t 5g Mclaren. I also run it on my Samsung Tablet.

Lewbo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan is to have mixed reef in my aquarium , yes they are very expensive but its a one time investment and these lights i currently have can go for the smaller thanks i am planning to set up for other purposes.

Yes they do also they are less blue than other brands . Gives more natural looks . And with the AI i feel like they will look fantastic.
I mean I’d recommend AI although they are super powerful. I bought AI SOLS about 10 years ago and they’re as good as new now as when I bought them. I’ve had brilliant coral growth with them over the years.

Alenya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean I’d recommend AI although they are super powerful. I bought AI SOLS about 10 years ago and they’re as good as new now as when I bought them. I’ve had brilliant coral growth with them over the years.
I’m in Australia which is 240v, I have the AI Prime 16 HD led lights which I really like

OP
OP
R

Reefqtr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in Australia which is 240v, I have the AI Prime 16 HD led lights which I really like
I could buy it from then , I was waiting for BRS to restock to buy. Could you tell me a reliable website based in Australia that I can buy from . I have a forwarding address there

OP
OP
R

Reefqtr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in Western Australia so would personally recommend Aquarium Gallery Perth.
I checked them , they have the small size lights . I will see some other websites within Australia ..

Thanks alenya

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back