Make nj reefing a community

robreefer91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven’t been reefing a long time but I love the community. I love reefing so how can we make a club for nj ?

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Njreefers.org
It's been pretty quiet over there, and I would love to be more active now that I'm back in the hobby. There were a lot of really nice people 5 years ago or so, did frag swaps and some get togethers.

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Theres a whole thread started over on Nj about the pitfalls of running a club. Everything from not being able to get people to do any of the leg work involved, to insurance and money issues. it's more complictaed then you think.
heres the link to the discussion. watch the video.

mandaltby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds awesome this thread is sort of a club now idn’t it, ho hopefully some others can chime in and say some go to places in New Jersey as far as shops, my go to so far found, and perhaps
1. ocean gallery -owners joe and craig are super cool and friendly, and it really helped me get ahead in my fish kung fu way of doing things, just browsing, shopping and stopping by that opened my eyes on how to better do water changes, helped me calibrate tools, h2o parameters all that stuff.
2. Fengs reef in Dunnelen - Feng is the man, coral store with somr amazing fish on display. I haven't seen fish this big since I lived in Hawaii. . Mr Feng is a super friendly cool guy who's passionate about the hobby and willing to show you how set his system up . Aquatic obsessions in Carteret, they have a wide variety, a fish I haven’t seen anywhere else and really good prices

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back