Making a sump

Finding marlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm trying to make a 10 gallon sump for my 16 gallon biocube and am wondering if this design for the baffles is good?
Thanks

1598720573579224778776672773768.jpg

stanleo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the one I made except I have the skimmer in the chamber right before the return chamber. I don't know for sure if that matters but it might effect the skimmers performance to have it sitting in the intake chamber. Also, make the first baffle of the bubble trap half an inch higher than the third baffle. (looking from left to right) This will help with microbubbles.

OP
OP
F

Finding marlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With this design I shouldn't have to worry about any bubbles being brought up into my main tank?

OP
OP
F

Finding marlon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the one I made except I have the skimmer in the chamber right before the return chamber. I don't know for sure if that matters but it might effect the skimmers performance to have it sitting in the intake chamber. Also, make the first baffle of the bubble trap half an inch higher than the third baffle. (looking from left to right) This will help with microbubbles.
Thank you for the tip I will definitely do that

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back