Making a sump

Finding marlon

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 2, 2020
Messages
19
Reaction score
13
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm trying to make a 10 gallon sump for my 16 gallon biocube and am wondering if this design for the baffles is good?
Thanks

1598720573579224778776672773768.jpg
 
Looks like the one I made except I have the skimmer in the chamber right before the return chamber. I don't know for sure if that matters but it might effect the skimmers performance to have it sitting in the intake chamber. Also, make the first baffle of the bubble trap half an inch higher than the third baffle. (looking from left to right) This will help with microbubbles.
 
With this design I shouldn't have to worry about any bubbles being brought up into my main tank?
 
Looks like the one I made except I have the skimmer in the chamber right before the return chamber. I don't know for sure if that matters but it might effect the skimmers performance to have it sitting in the intake chamber. Also, make the first baffle of the bubble trap half an inch higher than the third baffle. (looking from left to right) This will help with microbubbles.
Thank you for the tip I will definitely do that
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new