Making a Wave

  • Thread starter Thread starter Riddler05
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Riddler05

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 22, 2014
Messages
83
Reaction score
8
Location
Houston, Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

So I have a four foot tank with an MP40 on one side and an MP10 on the opposite side in anti-sync. I am currently using apex fusion to control the pumps. I would like to get a wave going but I am unsure of how to tune the pumps. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for the power level and frequency.

Thanks
 
i have the Jabeo 40 wave makers... I started with 1 and on high intensity on my tank (6 foot) i was getting a big wave across.
I then lowered it to the 50% intensity and moved the knob (frequency) to the mid point. Then i added the other on the other side and used the same setting.
With both on they clash a little so the wave is less but every thing in my tank is swaying back and forth nicely. I can tell they are clashing because with 1 on i get a bigger wave.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new