Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 55 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 197 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.4%

• Total voters

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After that, I went to simpler strategies like testing, trying to keep Alk and Ca in line, 20% water changes every couple of weeks. I tried some additives every now and again for trace elements but couldn’t really keep a thriving reef.

Thanks for the info. I have to say that you make it sound like your trace element dosing was irregular, but now is regulated. Perhaps if you regularly used a mix like Tropic Marin A and K, it would have worked better without going all the way to ICP based dosing.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I have to say that you make it sound like your trace element dosing was irregular, but now is regulated. Perhaps if you regularly used a mix like Tropic Marin A and K, it would have worked better without going all the way to ICP based dosing.
Worked better??? Maybe so, but things are working so very well with Moonshiners. I am definitely going to keep at it as the results are fabulous and I am enjoying my view when I look at my reef. Like I said originally, it might not be for everyone but then, we all know that there are many ways to be successful in this hobby.

Back