Making live rock?

Lovge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering what options are out there for crafting custom shaped live rock to enhance the aquascape?? What materials are usuable and best ways to form things?
Ty in advance

cpt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Works for me.

OP
OP
Lovge

Lovge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to do a search for it but popped right up.. very good stuff here ty for the links

Monkeytank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

cpt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
also I am no expert but creating artificial shapes and forms from cement(hydraulic cement), foam, dry-rock, and other materials doesn't qualify any of it as live rock. live rock is cured and cultured, it holds its own delicate ecosystem. I would advise against mixing live-rock with any bonding or cement agents until they have properly leached out any hazardous products. live-rock structuring has a different process for creating shape and forms, mostly marine putty or a type of support system(rods, zip tys, egg crates), live-rock will probably promote best health and quality in a beginning tank as well. maybe investigate other peoples diy rock work projects. post pics of your progress and keep a few nots of the process you use.
Just wondering what options are out there for crafting custom shaped live rock to enhance the aquascape?? What materials are usuable and best ways to form things?
Ty in advance

inurocker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I question the porosity and internal structure of this type of product being able to provide proper habitat for the bacteria. I'm sure it looks just fine but in my mind it is akin to a really cool looking skimmer that don't work right. As a background or add on great, as a replacment for real live or dry rock not worth the risk in my tank.

Back