Making own rock

KDP

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 28, 2020
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone Got any tips when it comes to making their own rock.
I’m wanting a specific set up for me new tank. But I can’t explain my vision and would like to make it myself.
I’ve seen videos and read some advice but does anyone have any clever ideas.
Anyone have any materials they advice to stay clear of or recommend, feel free to share.
 
Marco rock has this product thats a motar you can use to cement smaller rocks into a bigger structure. Could be useful
 
I use lava rock. Chemically inert and widely available. Also super porous. Corals live to encrust on it. I have some SPS tanks full of it and never had an issue.
 
I use lava rock. Chemically inert and widely available. Also super porous. Corals live to encrust on it. I have some SPS tanks full of it and never had an issue.
Isn't laverock full of phosphate?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new