Male clownfish breathing heavily

35gcube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a pair of clowns 8 days ago, no problems until today I woke up and noticed strange behaviour in the male (opening and closing mouth rapidly). I thought It was because yesterday I made a water change with vacuuming the sandbed, making the water go higher and creating less surface breakage. I moved my pump higher 1 an a half hour ago but to no avail. He didn't ate the first time, but after a bit he started chasing the food. Video:
What could it be?
Thanks

Attachments

• 20240218_092121.mp4
    10.8 MB
OP
OP
35gcube

35gcube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a pair of clowns 8 days ago, no problems until today I woke up and noticed strange behaviour in the male (opening and closing mouth rapidly). I thought It was because yesterday I made a water change with vacuuming the sandbed, making the water go higher and creating less surface breakage. I moved my pump higher 1 an a half hour ago but to no avail. He didn't ate the first time, but after a bit he started chasing the food. Video:
What could it be?
Thanks
Ive also noticed small white dots on the fins

OP
OP
35gcube

35gcube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive also noticed small white dots on the fins
I guess it is ich after some research. I have nothing else in the tank. I thoght I could add some inverts as the cycle is now completed for a while, is it still the case? How do I treat it? The other fish is healty..

OP
OP
35gcube

35gcube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess it is ich after some research. I have nothing else in the tank. I thoght I could add some inverts as the cycle is now completed for a while, is it still the case? How do I treat it? The other fish is healty..
Male is also breathig really fast

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What could it be?
Thanks
With one breathing fast, it may be due to intimidation from the larger being female who is well behaved in your presence.
Is the male eating at all or getting a chance at food from the other clown?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back