male/female question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Norcal5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Norcal5

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 1, 2012
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Fair Oaks, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have found a 3" Onyx available locally that has been housed alone for a few years. The owner got it from another person but does not know if it was ever paired up. Am I correct in assuming that it would be a female because it has ben alone for such a long time?
A follow up to this would be when pairing how should I select another that would likely be a male?
Thanks everyone :-)
 
Housed alone or not, at that size, it's definitely a female.
 
Great thanks for the info. I actually just picked up the 3" Onyx and also a 3" False Perc. Now I just need to figure out what I want to pair with each one :-) I was thinking a Snowflake with the False Perc and another Onyx with the Onyx.
(I have them each in their own 10gal. connected to the main system)
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new